Don't Drink Bees Educational Ideas

...and other "pearls of wisdom"

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Multicultural Education

It's November, and time to switch gears from Halloween activities to something more serious and very close to my heart: multicultural education.

The education class that influenced me most was on this topic and taught by an amazing professor at NC State University, Dr. Patricia Marshall. The course was challenging to me on many levels, personal as well as professional. It made me see the world in a completely different way.

I'll write more about this later. For now, I want to recommend two of the texts we used in the class.

Making Choices for Multicultural Education: Five Approaches to Race, Class, and Gender by Christine E. Sleeter and Carl A. Grant

A Different Mirror: A History of Multicultural America by Ronald Takaki

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home