Don't Drink Bees Educational Ideas

...and other "pearls of wisdom"

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Then & Now Poem

Directions: Think about your life now and how it has changed since you were younger. In a "Then & Now" poem, you write one line that describes a part of your life now; then, the next line describes what that part of your life used to be like. I recommend at least 4 stanzas for this poem.

Example:
I can write stories and poems confidently
I used to scribble in my mother's notebook and think I was writing

I can score points in tennis
There was a time when I was too little to hold up a tennis racket

I understand everything in my math book
Once I had trouble with math and had to ask my mother for help

I don't know how to play any instruments now, but
I used to play a flute in the school band

My brother and I get along really well today, but
we used to call each other names and hit each other every day

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home