Don't Drink Bees Educational Ideas

...and other "pearls of wisdom"

Monday, August 13, 2007

Poetry Unit Starter 1: I Wish Class Poem

Ask each student to complete the sentence "I wish ________________" on a strip of paper. Collect the strips. Shuffle them. Then write out each line on the overhead to create a collaborative class poem.

Other sentence ideas:
  1. I wish...

  2. I am...

  3. I like...

  4. I like to...

  5. I wonder...

  6. I think about...

  7. If I had a million dollars, I would...

  8. If I could change anything, I would...

  9. (pick a color) is like...

  10. I am happy when...

  11. I am (any emotion) when...

  12. If I could go anywhere, I would...

  13. I have learned that...

  14. I like (season), because...

  15. It's (season), so...

  16. If I were an animal, I'd be a ______________, because...

  17. If I were a car, I'd be a ________________, because...

  18. If I were a place, I'd be __________________, because...

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home